FOOD TRIP AGAIN - Beijing Hand Pulled Noodle House.

Last Friday I was suppose to do my usual rounds at the malls unfortunately, since it was a holiday, parking was terrible and I'd been circling the whole area for sometime so I just decided to leave and head back to the office. But as usual, stomach grumbling once again and I had not eaten lunch at all, then I thought to just go to a place I'd been curious about. Somewhere along J.Abad Santos in San Juan you will find a small noodle house named "BEIJING HAND-PULLED NOODLE HOUSE" , well the name says it all , its a noodle house.

I'd not eaten hand-pulled noodles since college days, when it was available before in some malls, so I decided to give it a try. It's located in a building complex where several restaurants and Internet Cafes are leasing, place is neat, luckily it was around 2:30 pm so I avoided the Lunch crowd, so parking was no problem.















One look at the signage you will see it's definitely Chinese, in a "Mainland China" sense for it bears the colors of red and yellow. Upon entering you will see pictures of the food they offer plus a newspaper clipping featuring the restaurant, I thinks it's from Manila Bulletin.  The restaurant has an open kitchen where you will see the chef, I believe came from China, "hand-pulling" the noodles in front of the customers, I guess if some people are bored they can just catch a glimpse at the chef doing his stuff to make you pass the time waiting.



Table and Chairs are similar to what you see in some modern noodle houses nowadays with condiments on the side, comfort room was small but is well cleaned. I then asked the waiter what was their recommendation, he suggested me to try the  "Chow Mein", there were several types Beef, Chicken, Lamb, etc. I picked the Beef Chow Mein and Steamed Pork dumplings and a diet soda.





















Chow Mein came and I was surprised it's the traditional one that is being served similarly in China, and that was what I was looking for. Basically the noodles was sauteed in a Chinese style tomato sauce with onions, red and green bell peppers and the meat , it also came with a soup. Upon tasting you will feel that the noodles are not spongy and easy to bite, the sauce saltiness and sourness was well balanced and vegetables were well cooked.



Steamed Dumplings came and wow oh wow hahahaha, you can tell I like the dumplings, steamed well and sauce was perfect. You just got to be careful because it's really hot.

They also do delivery I believe, forgot to ask up to what area they can cover, was thinking of the time to get back at the office. This place is perfect for those who want to have a late lunch or just a small snack before going home. So, the question is, will I go back to this place? I just did.

See you guys and thanks for reading...

Comments

  1. This is just near the 12 Baskets bakeshop! I'll invite Fred to eat here sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOOGLE CHROME - The Chrome look that is being adapted by the other browsers.