celebrating Mama Mary's birthday
Since this is the birth of my blog I find it appropriate that we start off with birthdays, more specifically, how i spend the birthday of Mama Mary.
September 8, the birthday of Mama Mary or to put it more formally, The Feast of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary. It's a family tradition that every September 8 we will celebrate the feast of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary by either going out and eat after hearing mass or sometimes we have a priest come over and my mom invites her church friends to have a small feast. we even have a birthday cake ordered, that shows the Marian devotee in my Mom.
A lot of us probably wore something blue (color signifying a Marian Devotee) well I'm no exception, (actually the "Mar Roxas" Shirt).
I decided that this year I will hear mass at Stella Marie Orientis in Pasig with my wife. For those of you who does not know this place, it's the chapel of the University of Asia and the Pacific, located along Jose Maria Escriva drive (formerly Pearl Drive) and near Ortigas Center. It's one of the most beautiful chapels I'd ever entered, clean flooring, lighting is nicely lit, but most of all this is also one of the most solemn ones. When I mean solemn I meant extreme quiet and you can even hear the most tiniest pin drop, church goers here are mostly students and professors but sometimes even out of townees from as far as Lubao, Pampanga visit. One of the more common things people might notice is that a proper dress code is observed here, males are all wearing pants, no shorts and women are either long slacks or long dresses, no slippers, just think of the most strictest chapels around and this is it. another thing to notice is when receiving Communion, it's a common practice to kneel ( Kneeling mats are provided) in front of the priest. Since that day was a Feast, the University Chorale is present singing all the glorious hymns of Marian Songs.
here is a picture of inside the chapel.
After the mass we cap of the afternoon with lunch at Summer Palace in EDSA Shangri-la.
Summer Palace serves some unique Chinese dishes but I stayed safe and got the more classic ones, namely soy goose,
Hot Prawn Salad,
Scallops with Broccoli
and Sauteed Beef.
There is however one dish that must never be left off everytime I'm with my wife, and that is Xiao Lung Pao.
Yes my wife loves this especially the way it's cook at this place, very moist and juicy especially on the amount of soup on the base. Just imagining the way it's properly eaten will make you drool, basically you will take a bite at the bottom to create a hole and then instantly sip the soup - OMG it's hot but you can taste the juiciness of the meat inside (pork) flowing in the soup and then instantly eat the whole darn thing up.my wife is an expert in eating this unfortunately I'm not.
To think of it that day was like a homecoming to my mother school, the mother of all cuisines and celebrating the Feast of Virgin Mary, our Mother.
Thank you Mama Mary for everything!!! AVE MARIA!!!
September 8, the birthday of Mama Mary or to put it more formally, The Feast of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary. It's a family tradition that every September 8 we will celebrate the feast of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary by either going out and eat after hearing mass or sometimes we have a priest come over and my mom invites her church friends to have a small feast. we even have a birthday cake ordered, that shows the Marian devotee in my Mom.
A lot of us probably wore something blue (color signifying a Marian Devotee) well I'm no exception, (actually the "Mar Roxas" Shirt).
I decided that this year I will hear mass at Stella Marie Orientis in Pasig with my wife. For those of you who does not know this place, it's the chapel of the University of Asia and the Pacific, located along Jose Maria Escriva drive (formerly Pearl Drive) and near Ortigas Center. It's one of the most beautiful chapels I'd ever entered, clean flooring, lighting is nicely lit, but most of all this is also one of the most solemn ones. When I mean solemn I meant extreme quiet and you can even hear the most tiniest pin drop, church goers here are mostly students and professors but sometimes even out of townees from as far as Lubao, Pampanga visit. One of the more common things people might notice is that a proper dress code is observed here, males are all wearing pants, no shorts and women are either long slacks or long dresses, no slippers, just think of the most strictest chapels around and this is it. another thing to notice is when receiving Communion, it's a common practice to kneel ( Kneeling mats are provided) in front of the priest. Since that day was a Feast, the University Chorale is present singing all the glorious hymns of Marian Songs.
here is a picture of inside the chapel.
After the mass we cap of the afternoon with lunch at Summer Palace in EDSA Shangri-la.
Summer Palace serves some unique Chinese dishes but I stayed safe and got the more classic ones, namely soy goose,
Hot Prawn Salad,
Scallops with Broccoli
and Sauteed Beef.
There is however one dish that must never be left off everytime I'm with my wife, and that is Xiao Lung Pao.
Yes my wife loves this especially the way it's cook at this place, very moist and juicy especially on the amount of soup on the base. Just imagining the way it's properly eaten will make you drool, basically you will take a bite at the bottom to create a hole and then instantly sip the soup - OMG it's hot but you can taste the juiciness of the meat inside (pork) flowing in the soup and then instantly eat the whole darn thing up.my wife is an expert in eating this unfortunately I'm not.
To think of it that day was like a homecoming to my mother school, the mother of all cuisines and celebrating the Feast of Virgin Mary, our Mother.
Thank you Mama Mary for everything!!! AVE MARIA!!!








Comments
Post a Comment